You’ve found your dream home at the right location, and the house looks like it’s in pristine condition. But remember, particularly when the home is for sale, the home is going to be ‘dressed up’ by the owner to highlight its best features and minimise its potential flaws. Hence, before you close on the purchase of a home or even before you make an offer, you should insist on an independent home inspection by yourself.
Now you may ask, what is the importance of home inspection? Let us explain this to you by giving you five key reasons to consult a home inspector before you buy a home:
1. You would need to inspect all the documents on the land and the property. It is going to be difficult for you to understand every jargon and also it is important to know if the property does not have any disputes of the owners.
2. While the house may look beautiful, it’s important to check out what’s happening behind the scenes. You will need to get underneath the sink and examine those pipes. Check for leaks, awful smell, water damage, and mold. Not only is mold unsightly and foul-smelling, but it can also cause health problems.
3. While the house may look beautiful, it’s important to check out what’s happening behind the scenes. You will need to get underneath the sink and examine those pipes. Check for leaks, awful smell, water damage, and mold. Not only is mold unsightly and foul-smelling, but it can also cause health problems.
4. You should invest in a well-insulated house. You will have to get the attic, water pipes, and heating ducts checked to make sure they are properly insulated. This can reduce heating and cooling costs and keep you comfortable in summer and winter.
5. You will need to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb. Turn on every faucet and light switch, open every window and door, flush the toilets, even taste the water. Buying a house is a big step — maybe one of the biggest — and you need to know how everything works first-hand. That way, you can address problem areas and see if there’s a cost-effective solution.
So, whom can you consult for having your home inspection done? As a buyer, there’s only so much you can do with your own five senses, and hence, you’ll also want to enlist a professional to ensure the foundation is solid, and the wiring is up to the mark. Home inspectors can even check for lead paint and wood-eating pests. You can look to the internet to search for home inspection professionals and find the ones near you.
As it’s rightly said, “It’s better to be safe than sorry!”