RERA stands for Real Estate Regulatory Authority, a governing body that oversees the real estate domain. Homebuyers can access HRERA or RERA Haryana’s services with zero hassles through the governing body’s online portal. The main target of RERA Haryana is to ensure transparent and efficient buying and selling of plots, apartments, office spaces, commercial property, and retail spaces.
What Is Haryana RERA?
Haryana RERA is a regulatory authority established under the RERA Act for promoting and regulating real estate in Haryana. RERA falls under the jurisdiction of two independent authorities, Panchkula and Gurugram, in Haryana. You might be wondering why RERA is important for buyers and sellers. Let us look a the different services provided by RERA Haryana.
The Functions of RERA Haryana
According to the RERA Act, 2016, Section 34, the functions of the RERA authorities are as follows:
- First, the authority must register real estate projects associated with HRERA Gurugram. This helps regulate the projects registered with HRERA.
- The authority must maintain and publish records on its official website and make information available for public viewing. The details of every registered real estate project should be furnished on RERA Gurugram’s website.
- The website should also include the list of promoters, publish photographs of properties, and list the names of entities and defaulters related to each project. As an authority, RERA Gurugram must also mention if penalties have been imposed on a project.
- It also ensures that promoters and allottees obey the rules defined under the RERA Act.
- The authorities also check if the relevant parties related to RERA-approved projects in Gurugram fully comply with the orders, regulations, and directions issued by them.
Services Provided by Haryana RERA
Haryana RERA offers services to both buyers and promoters within the state.
HRERA gives accurate information to buyers about every project registered with them. They also ensure transparency. Therefore, a promoter can sell flats, apartments, or houses to buyers only when the project is registered with HRERA per the applicable laws. Buyers can lodge official complaints against promoters when they face delays with project development.
A promoter or a developer is the builder of a real estate project. RERA assists promoters and developers such as Adani Realty with the promotion of registered projects within the jurisdiction of the Gurugram and Panchkula authorities of HRERA. Developers and promoters can also lodge official complaints against buyers when buyers default on their payments.
How to Check RERA-Registered Projects?
If you are a potential buyer and are wondering how to check RERA-registered projects, this is the best way to verify the list of RERA-approved projects:
- Visit the homepage of RERA.
- Click on the icon of the respective authority, Gurugram or Panchkula.
- Click on the icon marked Projects.
- Then, click on the icon marked Registered Projects.
- Next, select the tab to search for the projects you need, and you will be redirected to the search page
- Enter the necessary information like RERA ID, project builder, or the project year on this page.
- The page will display the necessary information related to the projects you searched for in the previous step.
Adani Realty, for instance, is a RERA-registered promoter that builds residential and commercial properties in Gurugram and other cities across India. You can download and verify RERA certificates for individual projects on the Adani Realty website.
Requirement of Haryana RERA Registration
Section 3 of the RERA Act states that no promoter shall advertise, market, book, sell or offer for sale, or invite persons to purchase, in any manner, any plot, apartment, or building, as the case may be, any real estate project or part of it in any planning area, without registering the real estate project with HRERA.
How to Check the Registration Status and Number of a Project on the HRERA Website?
To check the RERA approval and registration status of a real estate project and its RERA number, follow the steps given below:
Mumbai’s real estate sector is set to face new trends in 2024.
- Visit the official website of Haryana RERA.
- On the home page, click on the Panchkula or Gurugram link. You will be redirected to a microsite.
- Once you have entered the site, you will see a registered project box. Click on it to get a comprehensive list of Haryana RERA-registered projects.
- In the search box, type the project name. If it is approved, you will be able to see it displayed as a search result on this page.
- If you know where the project is located, you can also select a map view and check the project on Google Maps. Google Maps also contains the embedded links for all registered projects under RERA.
- You can then check for the RERA approval of the project here and find out its registration number as well.
Running a Registration Number and Project Status Check on RERA
Gurugram and Panchkula are the two regulatory authorities in Haryana. Gurugram RERA covers projects only in Gurugram, whereas Panchkula RERA covers projects in the rest of Haryana.
If you plan to buy a property in an HRERA-approved project, it is advisable to run a RERA registration number check and RERA project status check.
Haryana RERA updates its website regularly. You must check the website before making a property purchase decision.
Reasons to Buy HRERA-approved Projects
While buying a property in Haryana, select HRERA-approved residential and commercial projects as their project documentation will be in place.
You will also receive regular updates from builders on the development on the HRERA website. HRERA will also examine issues such as delays in property possession or discrepancies in the agreement. Some of the projects registered with HRERA are Aangan, Samsara (M Block), Samsara Vilasa, Oyster Grande, Oyster Greens, and Oyster Arcade by Adani Realty, Gurugram. All Adani Realty projects are RERA certified – you can visit the website and verify RERA certifications for each residential and commercial project.
The rules and regulations of HRERA help buyers and developers follow the code of conduct and abide by the sales and construction rules and property promotion rules. Builders are more careful regarding legalities and paperwork due to this.
RERA Haryana has been established to resolve and address the grievances of builders and buyers. If you want to invest your money in a property in Haryana, check if the project is registered with HRERA. If it is registered on HRERA, it will have a valid project ID. Its other key details will also be published on HRERA’s official website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When was Haryana RERA established?
Ans: The RERA Act came into force on 1st May 2017 and Haryana RERA commenced in July 2017 with a portal launched in 2018.Q2. Is RERA registration mandatory for a project?
Ans: Yes, all housing and commercial real estate developers in Haryana must register on https://haryanarera.gov.in/, without which they cannot advertise, book or sell any real estate.Q3. How has HRERA impacted the real estate industry in Haryana?
Ans: HRERA ensures transparency in transactions, reduces the risk of buyer's real-estate investment, identifies loopholes and mitigates challenges and much more. This regulatory authority has ensured developers maintain quality, and credibility and are accountable.Q4. What are the benefits of buying a property from an HRERA-registered developer?
Ans: HRERA brings about standardisation in real estate transactions improving transparency for buyers and enabling them to make hassle-free and genuine real estate investments. The Government of India passed the RERA Act in 2016, making registration compulsory for real estate developers and agents. Every state and union territory has their regulatory board.
The future of real estate in Mumbai in 2024 seems brighter after the pandemic. Here is the forecast of real estate trends in Mumbai for this year
Looking for dream spaces, not sure where to start?
Leave us a query and our representative will get back to you.
The Adani Realty expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Blog. The content of this blog is collation of data from various sources and is provided only for information purpose only and Adani Realty does not canvass the particulars, information, brand or any other materials mentioned in the blogs nor does it obtain any monetary benefit from the same.The Adani Realty shall in no circumstance be held liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any other expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of data, information, interpretation, judgement or opinion arising out of or in connection with the use of this Blog. Reader is advised to read and apply his/ her intellect and discretion in this regards.