A lot of states across India have introduced online portals to help the individuals- residents and property buyers- find the specific property related details. Continuing this, the state government of Maharashtra has also introduced IGR Maharashtra for all its citizens. The portal aims at helping the individuals with all property details. The IGR Maharashtra platform provides a wide range of features like stamp duty calculation, land records, stamp duty payments and refunds.
What is IGR Maharashtra?
The Inspector General of Registration and Stamps in Maharashtra usually looks over IGR Maharashtra. IGR Maharashtra overlooks a wide range of services such as property registration, IGR valuation, stamp duty calculation and payment, calculating property tax and stamp duty refund. Under certain circumstances, IGR Maharashtra will also be helpful for marriage registration certification.
All these services are available on the official IGRS website. Individuals who want to access these services should consider registering on the website. Apart from these, IGR services mostly deal with property-related and IGR registration services. With the availability of this website, no individual will have to visit the sub-registrar office to get these services done.
How to Search Property Registration Details on the IGR Maharashtra Website?
All the property-related IGR registration details are available on the official website of IGR Maharashtra. If you want to check any of this information, you will have to use the search bar available on the website. The website contains the property registration details from 1985 for Mumbai city. However, if you want to get the details of properties located in other parts of Maharashtra (apart from Mumbai), you'd be able to access the details only from 2002.
If you want to search the property registration details, you will have to provide basic information like year of registration or property number. If you don't have this information, you can also search for the property details using the name. However, the name search is a paid service.
Below are the steps you need to follow to check property registration details on IGR Maharashtra:
- Visit the official website of IGR Maharashtra on igrmaharashtra.gov.in.
- Click on the e-search IGR option for property registration details on the homepage.
- If you are new to the platform, you will have to create an account on IGR Maharashtra, so that you can access the details. You will have to save your login details like ID and password.
- After logging in, you will need to select the area where your property is registered.
- Now, you will have to provide information about the property whose registration details you want to search. You will have to provide crucial information like year of registration, property number, village name, and tehsil name.
- You should choose relevant property details from the list. Now you will have to click on the Index II Option. The PDF having your property IGR registration details will be downloaded in the respective system.
How To Calculate IGR Maharashtra Stamp Duty?
Once you've determined the property value, it is important to calculate the stamp duty as well.
When you register any property with the government, you will be liable for paying stamp duty. It will be applicable for a wide range of documents like property sale agreements, gift deeds, license agreements, mortgage deeds and others. In Maharashtra, the stamp duty rate ranges from 3% to 6% of the total value. However, the rate will vary based on different factors like region, document and more.
The official website of IGR Maharashtra contains an online calculator. By using this calculator and providing basic details, you will be able to collect information about an estimated amount related to stamp duty. You should follow the process step-by-step to ensure you get an accurate estimated calculation.
Below are all the steps you need to follow to calculate the stamp duty on properties in Maharashtra:
- Visit the official website of IGR Maharashtra.
- On the homepage, you will find the option of a stamp duty calculator, click on it.
- You will be redirected to the next page where you will need to choose the type of document that is to be registered.
- In the next step, you will have to choose the respective region within the Municipal corporation, Municipal council and gram panchayat.
- If you choose a municipal corporation, you will need to choose the respective municipal corporation. After that, you will have to enter details regarding the concerned amount and market value.
- Click on the Calculation option and after the calculation, the stamp duty prices will be visible on the website.
=> Read Also:- Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying Property in Mumbai
Stamp Duty and Maharashtra IGR Registration Process Documents
Once you plan on registering a property in Maharashtra, you need to have all the documents in place. Some of the major documents that you need to submit for stamp duty and property registration in Maharashtra include the following:
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photo of the seller and buyer
- Original sale deed
- Certificate of construction completion
- Copy of municipal tax bill
- Copy of the latest registered property
It is crucial that you make the stamp duty payments on time to avoid any hassle in acquiring the property.
How to Pay Stamp Duty and Registration Fees?
After you have calculated the estimated stamp duty, you can pay it online through the Government Receipt Accounting System available on the official website. Like stamp duty, the registration fees also need to be paid via the website. If you're not opting for online payment, you can also opt for offline payment.
The steps to pay the stamp duty and registration fees are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Government Receipt Accounting System.
- On the homepage, you will need to click on the Inspector General of Registration tab where you will be redirected to a new page.
- You need to click on the Pay without registration option if you are not registered on the platform.
- When you're redirected to the new page, you will need to choose the payment option that is displayed as:
- Only stamp duty
- Only registration fees
- Stamp duty and registration fees
- Now, you will have to choose the district, and the sub-registrar office within whose jurisdiction the property is applicable. Also, make sure to choose the property type.
- Since you've already calculated the stamp duty, make sure to provide that option and also the registration fee.
- In the next form, you will need to provide all relevant details of the buyers and sellers.
- Now, choose the mode of payment. On the IGR website, there are different types of payment methods like credit/debit cards and internet banking. If you don't have an option to make online payment, you can generate challan via the portal and make the payment through the partner or selected bank via cash or cheque.
But, what if there is any discrepancy in the process? For example, what to do when you have paid the stamp duty twice? If you've made any mistake, it is important that you apply for the stamp duty refund too.
How to Apply for Stamp Duty Refund?
The super easy-to-use IGR Maharashtra website has made it easier for everyone to apply for a stamp duty refund seamlessly. You can do so online via their website.
Below are all the steps you need to follow to apply for a stamp duty refund:
- Visit the IGR Maharashtra website.
- On the homepage, choose the "Stamp duty refund" option. You will be redirected to a new page.
- On the next page, you will have to enter your refund token number and password. You will now have to choose the 'View Status' button.
- All details for the refund will be available on your screen.
=> Read Also:- What is Real Estate Appraisal? Why Does it Matter?
Services Provided by IGR Maharashtra
Apart from property registration, IGR Maharashtra provides a wide range of services. All the services are available on their website so you can easily avail it from there. Some of the prominent services include:
- E-registration of property
- Time slot booking
- Land valuation Maharashtra
- Online filing of mortgage deeds
Whenever you're buying a property or are willing to buy the same, it is important that you check if it is registered. A registered property is easier to deal with. With the availability of platforms like IGR Maharashtra, it has become extremely easier for people to access a variety of services. Now, all they have to do is go online and they'll have details of the properties on their fingertips.
Looking for dream spaces, not sure where to start?
Leave us a query and our representative will get back to you.
The Adani Realty expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Blog. The content of this blog is collation of data from various sources and is provided only for information purpose only and Adani Realty does not canvass the particulars, information, brand or any other materials mentioned in the blogs nor does it obtain any monetary benefit from the same.The Adani Realty shall in no circumstance be held liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any other expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of data, information, interpretation, judgement or opinion arising out of or in connection with the use of this Blog. Reader is advised to read and apply his/ her intellect and discretion in this regards.