We are living in a world where lifestyle choices are diverse. Your lifestyle determines your living standards and preferences. Needless to say, your lifestyle is one of the most important factors, especially when you are choosing where to live. Should you live in an apartment? Should you live in an independent house? Well, you cannot make the decision without taking your aspirations and future plans into account.
Both independent house and apartments have their own perks to offer. The debate between apartment living and independent housing has been existing for a long time. With a widespread tapestry of lifestyle choices, you can find a wide range of perks in each type of living.
But, where exactly do you live? Let us dive deeper into understanding whether you should be choosing an apartment or an independent house.
Independent house is where you follow a traditional form of living. Here, you own the entire property. The independent houses are built on land property, which is owned by the individual. The landowner has the flexibility to build an independent house on the land as per his own preferences.
Since the entire house belongs to you, there is privacy at all times. You can decide what the design of the property will be. Well, you must have a set budget in order to construct an independent house. Depending on how you plan to use your independent house, you can either have one floor or multiple floors.
If you have a multi-storeyed independent house, you can just rent out some parts. You will receive rent every month for the property part you rented out. Thus, you can get stability in the form of passive income. If renting isn’t an option that you are looking for, you can lease the property. If you lease the property, you will receive a bulk amount in the beginning.
Apartments have become some of the most popular forms of dwelling in today’s time. Apartments come with a wide range of amenities to offer the benefit of modern-day living. If you are looking forward to purchasing an apartment, you need to reach out to a prestigious real estate developer.
Most real estate developers provide facilities like gated communities, 24*7 security, surveillance camera, a gym, a swimming pool and more. However, you will not have any control over the design of the building because it's the real estate developers who establish it. While the exterior design is not under your control, you can always get the benefit of enhancing the internal beauty with an interior designer.
When you are purchasing an apartment, you can choose from the numerous floors available in the building. The option of customising the apartment is available on a small scale as long as you are not affecting the basic setup of the apartment.
=> Read Also: What is the Difference Between a Villa and an Apartment?
Apartment vs Independent House
Comfort and privacy are the two most important factors that most of us look into while choosing a property to live in. Well, both apartments and independent houses provide these two elements.
However, there are significant pros and cons of independent houses and independent apartments that will play an important role in helping you make the right decision. Below are the differences between independent houses and apartments:
- The apartments usually have a wide range of facilities depending on what the developer has to offer. Various developers provide amenities like a clubhouse, gym, swimming pool, gated community and a dedicated play area for the kids. You usually don’t have a say in the amenities of the apartments as these are pre-defined by the developers.
- In terms of an independent house, you are not going to receive exclusive benefits like a gym, swimming pool or clubhouse. If you wish to have these in your private house, you will have to spend a significant amount. This will increase your budget for the entire property which may not be feasible to many independent house owners.
- If you choose independent apartments, you will not have to worry about maintenance at all. Most buildings have an in-house maintenance team. They take care of all the damages in the property, ranging from broken doors to leaky faucets. The best part is that the maintenance team is professional in what they do. Thus, you will not have to be worried about anything going wrong. If you ever notice any damage around your property, you can request the in-house team to get it fixed.
- In terms of an independent house, you will have to take care of the entire maintenance. Even if there is a small chipping across the property, you will have to get all the maintenance done by yourself. Whether there is a plumbing issue or taking care of the lawn, you will have to do it yourself. However, if it is too much of a hassle, you may hire a maid to help you with the everyday chores.
- Apartments are considered safe because security guards are available at the entrance and exit at all times. The property developers also install high-quality CCTV cameras around the property. Apart from that, the apartments also have fire extinguishers in case a fire breaks out. Moreover, the lifts are also equipped with emergency buttons and phones.
- An independent house may not have a lift but you can always integrate a CCTV camera. Well, not many independent homeowners have security guards because the property is protected by high-quality locks. However, you may install a burglar alarm around the property to prevent the risk of burglary.
- Apartments can be expensive, but generally cheaper than independent houses. Therefore, you may need a bank loan to purchase it. Real estate developers usually partner with banks to ease the process of buying an apartment.
- You can also take a loan from the bank for building your independent house. However, you must know that the process for sanctioning the loan may be long. This is because the banks take time to verify the documents as a part of the loan approval process. If you need finance to buy a plot, there are chances that you may lose on the deal if the bank takes too long to approve it.
- Even when you are buying an apartment for the first time, you will not face any problems. As long as you do basic research about the property and developer, you will be good to go. These days most of the information is available on the Internet. You can check the reviews of the project and get a rough idea about the quality of the apartment.
- As a first-time investor in an independent house, you will need to consider a lot of factors. You will have to research if there are any property disputes. If the land is disputed, it is advisable that you refrain from buying it. It is always advisable to make an investment in any property that is free from any disputes.
Factors to Consider While Choosing Between Independent House and Apartment
In the table below, you can check the factors you will have to consider for choosing between an independent house and an apartment:
|Affordability & Cost of Living
|It is pretty affordable and the cost of living is low.
|You will have to pay for the land and home construction, which makes it expensive.
|Space & Amenities
|You get less space and privacy. However, there are a number of amenities included.
|There is privacy and space on the property. As for amenities, you will have to pay extra for added amenities.
|Location & Accessibility
|The apartments are generally located close to schools, marketplaces and cafes. Moreover, transport is also available around these properties.
|Independent houses are located in close neighbourhoods, slightly away from city centres.
|Community & Social Life
|You can socialise with the neighbours as there is always a sense of community.
|You will not have neighbours to interact with.
Apartment or Independent House: Which One to Choose?
With a labyrinth of housing options available, the decision of choosing between an independent house and an apartment is quite a tough one. In the article above, we discussed all the important information regarding apartments and independent house living. The allure and charm that both of these property types have to offer is unmatched. You can consult Adani Realty for a wide range of options for independent apartments and independent houses.
Looking for dream spaces, not sure where to start?
Leave us a query and our representative will get back to you.
The Adani Realty expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Blog. The content of this blog is collation of data from various sources and is provided only for information purpose only and Adani Realty does not canvass the particulars, information, brand or any other materials mentioned in the blogs nor does it obtain any monetary benefit from the same.The Adani Realty shall in no circumstance be held liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any other expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of data, information, interpretation, judgement or opinion arising out of or in connection with the use of this Blog. Reader is advised to read and apply his/ her intellect and discretion in this regards.