You’ve found your dream home at the right location, and the house looks like it’s in pristine condition. But remember, particularly when the home is for sale, the home is going to be ‘dressed up’ by the owner to highlight its best features and minimise its potential flaws. Hence, before you close on the purchase of a home or even before you make an offer, you should insist on an independent home inspection by yourself.
Now you may ask, what is the importance of home inspection? Let us explain this to you by giving you five key reasons to consult a home inspector before you buy a home:
1. You would need to inspect all the documents on the land and the property. It is going to be difficult for you to understand every jargon and also it is important to know if the property does not have any disputes of the owners.
2. While the house may look beautiful, it’s important to check out what’s happening behind the scenes. You will need to get underneath the sink and examine those pipes. Check for leaks, awful smell, water damage, and mold. Not only is mold unsightly and foul-smelling, but it can also cause health problems.
3. While the house may look beautiful, it’s important to check out what’s happening behind the scenes. You will need to get underneath the sink and examine those pipes. Check for leaks, awful smell, water damage, and mold. Not only is mold unsightly and foul-smelling, but it can also cause health problems.
4. You should invest in a well-insulated house. You will have to get the attic, water pipes, and heating ducts checked to make sure they are properly insulated. This can reduce heating and cooling costs and keep you comfortable in summer and winter.
5. You will need to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb. Turn on every faucet and light switch, open every window and door, flush the toilets, even taste the water. Buying a house is a big step — maybe one of the biggest — and you need to know how everything works first-hand. That way, you can address problem areas and see if there’s a cost-effective solution.
So, whom can you consult for having your home inspection done? As a buyer, there’s only so much you can do with your own five senses, and hence, you’ll also want to enlist a professional to ensure the foundation is solid, and the wiring is up to the mark. Home inspectors can even check for lead paint and wood-eating pests. You can look to the internet to search for home inspection professionals and find the ones near you.
As it’s rightly said, “It’s better to be safe than sorry!”
In an attempt to boost the demand for houses in the affordable and middle income category, the government has announced an interest subvention for home loans taken under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) in 2017.
Looking for dream spaces, not sure where to start?
Leave us a query and our representative will get back to you.
The Adani Realty expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Blog. The content of this blog is collation of data from various sources and is provided only for information purpose only and Adani Realty does not canvass the particulars, information, brand or any other materials mentioned in the blogs nor does it obtain any monetary benefit from the same.The Adani Realty shall in no circumstance be held liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any other expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of data, information, interpretation, judgement or opinion arising out of or in connection with the use of this Blog. Reader is advised to read and apply his/ her intellect and discretion in this regards.